The Girls Way
Is Seedlings of Change mini-grant recipient for January, 2011!
The Girls Way is a place for girls. The Girls Way is a nonprofit dedicated to providing a unique, safe place to promote healthy development in girls ages 9 to 18 through movement, exercise, and education. They provide:
- Daily exercise and creative movement classes in a private studio: Ballet, Pilates, Hip Hop, Oula, Irish Dance, Yoga, Sporty Girls, and Circus Arts (Juggling, hooping, poi, aerials, etc.)
- Fun Shops like Young Women Artists, Diva Lead Hour (empowerment activities), Girl Time, a monthly series of selected classes such as Adversaries to Allies, self-defense, and nutrition
- A fun art/activity/study lounge
- Seasonal outdoor adventures like running, hiking, biking, gardening, and snowshoeing
- Friday Fun Nights: Movies, Games, Dancing, and more!